Wednesday, 26 March 2025

REAL TALK: dyslexia & updates




Writing/thinking locking in at 11pm on a Wednesday.


Sometimes I struggle with the fact I’m not as academic as my peers. I’m super dyslexic and told myself I couldn’t read well for years, so I just didn’t…I have a ton of shame around all of this.

I feel ashamed I don’t understand complex sentence structure, don’t know the big words & find myself reading pages of books over and over because information hardly sticks. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this makes you a better person; I'm the first to say that things shouldn't be over complicated and information should be accessible for all. I didn't find out I was dyslexic until I was 20, in my second year of uni. Part of me feels neglected that it took so long and that I never got to develop learning in the way my brain works. Sometimes I feel like a bit of potential has been taken away because I found out so late.

It seems stupid but I just always told myself that writing wasn't "my thing" so I never actually tried. 

All of this has come up because I was doing some writing this evening and I put it into chatgpt to check some of the grammar (NOT something I do usually, and definitely not what I do with my blog posts lol, I do not edit any of this). Then I thought...humm..what would this piece of writing be like if it were written at a higher level of education. Well....fuck me I guess, I should not have done that, its soooooo weird but I also wish I had it when I was at uni lol.

I need to not shame myself though I guess, I've grown to like how I write now, yeah it might be basic but I like that my tone of voice gets across:)


Some other things:

I haven't done a blog post in ages and it feels good to be back here again. 

I've just had my Invisalign braces put on and my mouth is ******* right now. 

I've been going to crip craft club online for the past month or so and I'm loving it, I don't tend to do a traditional craft but I try to do something.

My room is almost fully decorated; it just needs to be tidied. 

I'm on my 3rd week of The Artist Way, it's going ok, I'm adapting it for my energy levels. I'm enjoying the tasks.




Benidorm 2026...

Benidorm. I really didn't take many photos...just tried to take it all in. There's something to be said about, idk, not living throu...